Spiced Whole Cauliflower
An impressive centrepiece for your guests to admire and a delicious vegetarian alternative.
- 1 whole cauliflower (outer leaves removed)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed for traditional method)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (ground cumin for traditional method)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 60g olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- You will need to boil your whole cauliflower first in a large pot of heavily salted water for 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon and a fork to remove the cauliflower. Place cooked cauliflower on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Preheat your oven to 200C degrees.
- Place cumin seeds into thermal cooker and heat for 3 minutes at 80 degrees speed soft. Grind seeds for 30 seconds on speed 9.
- Place remaining ingredients into the Thermomix and process together for 5 seconds on speed
- Transfer your rub mixture to a small bowl and pour then rub the contents into the cauliflower with your hands or with a pastry brush.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve as a side dish or drizzle with a yoghurt sauce and flat bread.
- Same directions as thermal method but skip step 3 and jump to step 4 including the ground cumin using a food processor or chop and mix by hand.